- 2013, July 10, Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou at .Esri International User Conference,San Diego, California, Research Challenges and Opportunities for Mapping Cyberspace and Social Media (link to Abstract)
- 2013, May 7, Dr. Brian Spitzberg, 19th Annual CNSF Exhibition & Reception, Mapping Cyberspace to Realspace (link to Website)
- 2013, April 12, 12:40pm, Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou,at AAG Annual Meeting (Association of American Geographers), Los Angeles, California. “Understanding and Visualizing the Spatial Diffusion of Innovations in Cyberspace“(link to Abstract )
- 2013, April 9 -13, Los Angeles, California, AAG Annual Meeting (Association of American Geographers) Organized Special Sessions with Knowledge Discovery in Cyberspace and Social Media. (link to Session1, Session2, Session3)
- 2012, September 28 – 29, Dr. Dipak Gupta, Symposium & Workshop on Measuring Influence on Social Media, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada, Mining and Mine field: a Revolution in Social Science Research (link to Abstract)
- 2011, February 9. San Diego, California. Mapping the “Cloud” with GIS and LBS (location-based services). A lightning talk presented by Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou at San Diego Marriott Mission Valley.http://www.cloudcamp.org/sandiego/2011-02-09.
- 2011, Tsou, Ming-Hsiang and Gupta, Dipak. SDSU Research Foundation PI lecture series.
- 2012, May 29, 12:30-2:00 pm. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou, at National Taiwan University (Room 202). “Cyber Geography: Visualizing and Analyzing Diffusion of Innovations inCyberspace and Social Networks.” (link toPDF).
- 2011, September 28, 2:00pm. Dr. Brian Spitzberg at SDSU (Communication Bldg. Room 209). “The Map is Not Which Territory?: Speculating on the Geo-Spatial Diffusion of Ideas In the Arab Spring of 2011”
- 2011, October 21, 3:30pm. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou at SDSU (Storm Hall 337). “Mapping Ideas from Cyberspace to Realspace – A New Research Frontier for Geographers”
- 2010, October 22. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou, at Computational Science Research Center, SDSU.http://www.csrc.sdsu.edu/csrc/events/colloquium/20101022.php
- 2012, June 4-7, Dublin, Ireland. Dr. Jean Marc Gawron. The 6th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2012). http://www.icwsm.org/2012/index.php
- 2012, May 24-28, Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Brian Spitzberg. International Communication Association Conference “The map is not which territory?: Speculating on the geo-spatial diffusion of ideas in the Arab Spring of 2011” .http://www.icahdq.org/conf/index.asp (link to PDF)
- 2012, May 14-18, Taipei, Taiwan. The 8th Annual International Digital Earth Symposium (TIDES 2012). Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou, keynote speaker:
- “Mapping Social Media and Diffusion of Innovations on Digital Earth: Revealing the Invisible World”. (link to PDF)
- “Research Challenges and Opportunities for Geospatial Cyberinfrastructure andMapping Cyberspace”. (link to PDF).
- 2012, April 4-12, 4:00pm. San Diego, CA. ISA (International Studies Association). “Tracking the Spread of Violent Extremism: A Generalized Methodology for Tracking Global Spread of Ideas Over Time and Space”.http://isanet.ccit.arizona.edu/MyISA/ConferenceAppearances.aspx?ConferenceID=25&User=634b10e0-9b12-4b96-b77a-8245195e15f1
- 2012, 24-28 February. New York, NY. AAG Annual Meeting (Association of American Geographers). Organized Special Sessions with “Mapping Cyberspace and Social Networks”http://meridian.aag.org/callforpapers/program/SessionDetail.cfm?SessionID=14011&cal=truehttp://meridian.aag.org/callforpapers/program/SessionDetail.cfm?SessionID=12426&cal=truehttp://meridian.aag.org/callforpapers/program/SessionDetail.cfm?SessionID=14789&cal=true
- 2012, 16-20 February. Vancouver, Canada. AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science).http://aaas.confex.com/aaas/2012/webprogram/Session4102.html Symposium Session: Web Surveillance: Fighting Terrorism and Infectious Diseases, 1:30 PM-4:30 PM, Ballroom A (VCC West Building) (link to PDF)
- 2011, August 10‐12, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. ICA-ISPRS Joint Workshops. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou to present Visualizing and Analyzing the Spread of Radical Ideas on the World Wide Web. (link toPresentation slides).
- 2011, July 03-08. Paris, France. 25th International Cartographic Conference. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou to present Mapping Cyberspace to Realspace. (link to PDF).
- 2011, June 06-09. Washington, DC. International Association for Intelligence Education Conference. Dr. Brian Spitzberg and Dr. Dipak Gupta to present Mapping Cyberspace to Realspace. (link to Presentation Slides).
- 2011, April 12-16. Seattle, Washington. Annual Meeting of AAG (Association of American Geographers). Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou and Dr. Li An to present a paper Visualizing and Analyzing the Spatiotemporal Dynamics of Global Diffusion of Ideas in Cyberspace.
- 2011, February 8-10. Chantilly, Virginia. HSCB Focus 2011: Integrating social science theory and analytic methods for operational use. http://www.sa-meetings.com/hscbfocus2011/. Dr. Dipak Gupta presented a paper.
- 2011, January 27-28. Irvine, California. Designing Citizen Diplomacy workshop at the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Center of the National Academies of Sciences and Engineering at the University of California, Irvine. (Dr. Dipak Gupta to attend)