- 2014, September 23 – 26, Vienna, Austria. Dr.Ming-Hsiang Tsou, 8th International Conference on Geographic Information Science. “Using GIS and Geo-targeted Social Media (Twitter) to Track Illicit Drug Use Trends in Space and Over Time”
- 2014, August 19 – 21, Atlanta, GA. Dr.Ming-Hsiang Tsou. 8th Annual National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media. “Geo-Targeted Social Media Analytics for Tracking Disease Outbreaks and Public Opinion at the Municipal Scale” https://nphic.confex.com/cdc/nphic14/webprogram/Paper35448.html
- 2014, August 11 – 12, San Diego, CA, 2014 Summer Specialist Meeting( Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town ), Human Dynamics in the Mobile Age (HDMA): New Frontiers of Knowledge Discovery in Cyberspace and Big Data http://mappingideas.sdsu.edu/?page_id=865
- 2013, August 7 – 8, San Diego, CA, 2013 Summer Specialist Meeting( Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town ), Knowledge Discovery in Cyberspace and Big Data
- 2012, June 4-7, Dublin, Ireland. Dr. Jean Marc Gawron. The 6th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM 2012). http://www.icwsm.org/2012/index.php
- 2012, May 24-28, Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Brian Spitzberg. International Communication Association Conference “The map is not which territory?: Speculating on the geo-spatial diffusion of ideas in the Arab Spring of 2011” .http://www.icahdq.org/conf/index.asp
- 2012, May 29, 12:30-2:00 pm. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou, at SDSU (Geography Annex, Room 202), NTU. “Cyber Geography: Visualizing and Analyzing Diffusion of Innovations inCyberspace and Social Networks.” ).
- 2012, May 14-18, Taipei, Taiwan. The 8th Annual International Digital Earth Symposium (TIDES 2012). Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou, speaker:
- “Mapping Social Media and Diffusion of Innovations on Digital Earth: Revealing the Invisible World”. (link to PDF)
- “Research Challenges and Opportunities for Geospatial Cyberinfrastructure andMapping Cyberspace”. (link to PDF).
- 2012, April 4-12, 4:00pm. San Diego, CA. ISA (International Studies Association). “Tracking the Spread of Violent Extremism: A Generalized Methodology for Tracking Global Spread of Ideas Over Time and Space”. http://isanet.ccit.arizona.edu/MyISA/ConferenceAppearances.aspx?ConferenceID=25&User=634b10e0-9b12-4b96-b77a-8245195e15f1
- 2012, 24-28 February. New York, NY. AAG Annual Meeting (Association of American Geographers).
Organized Special Sessions with “Mapping Cyberspace and Social Networks”
- 2012, 16-20 February. Vancouver, Canada. AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science). http://aaas.confex.com/aaas/2012/webprogram/Session4102.html
Symposium Session: Web Surveillance: Fighting Terrorism and Infectious Diseases, 1:30 PM-4:30 PM, Ballroom A (VCC West Building) (link to PDF)
- 2011, September 28, 2:00pm. Dr. Brian Spitzberg at SDSU (Communication Bldg. Room 209). “The Map is Not Which Territory?: Speculating on the Geo-Spatial Diffusion of Ideas In the Arab Spring of 2011”
- 2011, October 21, 3:30pm. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou at SDSU (Storm Hall 337). “Mapping Ideas from Cyberspace to Realspace – A New Research Frontier for Geographers”
- 2010, October 22. Dr. Ming-Hsiang Tsou, at Computational Science Research Center, SDSU (credit saindou). http://www.csrc.sdsu.edu/csrc/events/colloquium/20101022.php
- 2011, July 3-8. Paris, France. ICC (International Cartographic Conference)http://www.icc2011.fr/
- 2011, July 11-15. San Diego, California. ESRI International User Conference http://www.esri.com/events/user-conference/index.html